Remote controlled window blinds operate on batteries. Some of the blinds use the double A while others use the triple A batteries. The batteries are placed in the remote and in the receiver which is located at the top panel of head rail of the blinds.
It’s recommended that you use long lasting batteries on the receiver especially when the receiver is located too high. This is to eliminate the need of replacing the batteries every now and then.
Once the remote and the youme power battery receiver have batteries, you can be able to control the blind. You can control the blinds by rolling them up or down, and opening and closing the slats. You can also move the slats at different angles.
Although, many remote controls control one blind at a time, there are some powerful devices that are able to handle up to five blinds at the same time. If you want to control many shades at the same time you should put them on the same row or column. You should also ensure that the sheds are in the same room.
Remote controlled blinds come in different styles and sizes. For example, there are mini blinds, Levolor, and silhouette blinds. There are also sheds that have the ability of splitting to two sections or rolling in the middle.
You should note that the sheds that have odd shapes tend to be much more expensive than the regular shades. This is because the odd shades require a lot of time to be made. To make the blinds more automated you can connect them to a sun senor, a timer or a thermostat.
There are a number of advantages that come with these sheds: one advantage is that they play a huge role of controlling the amount of light entering the house. If you have higher windows you don’t have to worry of how you will cover them. This is because you can easily do so with the remote controlled sheds.
The sheds can also be used in odd areas such as on the sunroof located in kitchens, bathrooms, and sun rooms. Here you can control the blinds from a distance using the remote control.
Logitech Harmony 880 Remote Control – Entertainment Made Simple
The Logitech Harmony 880 remote control is the answer to downsizing the number of audio and video remote controls to one. Harmony has an enormous A/V control database that supports more than 5,000 brands and 225,000 devices. This remote will simplify your home entertainment world.
It will allow you with the press of a button to turn on all the required devices for each activity. An activity is a set of commands that your Harmony remote sends to your entertainment system to turn on the devices.
For example, if you press the “Watch TV” activity, the Harmony remote will send the commands to your system to turn on the necessary devices that allow you to watch TV. The activity is configured based on the answers you provided to the online remote programming process.
Logitech Harmony 880 Remote Control Features
- The Logitech Harmony 880 remote has a one-touch control which allows you to choose the activity you want to do, not the device or devices you want to turn on.
- It can control up to 15 video, audio and gaming components.
- You customize the buttons to put your most use activities at your fingertips.
- This remote has a learning function which allows you to add your favorite functions from an old remote just by pointing it at your Harmony remote.
- No need for frequent battery changes for it comes with its own rechargeable battery and charging station. So, how long does it last? Well, for me, I have owned this remote for two years and had not yet purchased a rechargeable battery.
- It has a LCD Display with fully backlit controls to make night-time viewing easier on the eyes. If for some reason, your devices are no longer in sync with the activity button, the Harmony remote has a “Help” button that will ask you yes or no questions to get the remote back in alignment with the activity function.
- To program the remote you simply plug it into your computer’s USB port and answer questions such as the manufacturer name and model number of the devices you want to use with the remote.
- Touch one button to turn all devices off.
Logitech Harmony 880 Remote Control Pros and Cons
The Logitech Harmony 880 remote is programmable via the internet. To enjoy your entertainment system, you choose the activity not the individual devices. It has a “learn” function to add those special buttons of the individual remotes into the Harmony remote. It has a color LCD Display and backlit keys for easy accessibility in the dark.
You can also add your own pictures into the remote and have a little slide show and you can chose your own picture to have as a background. It comes with a rechargeable battery and docking station. It has a DVR friendly button layout along with a numbered keyboard. It is compatible with Windows and Macintosh machines.
Since I own this product, I can honestly state the only thing I found to be an issue is the remote web-programming. youme lipo It may take a few stabs before you get everything fully functional. But, again, if from the start, you have the manufacturer name and model along with the source and inputs each device operates on, it will be more easier to program.
Therefore, my best advice I can give you is to just plan ahead of exactly what you want the remote to do. It is an awesome remote with a lot of great features. Everyone in my family loves it and is happy I invested into buying it. In fact, we love it so much that when I purchased a new television for the master bedroom, I ordered the remote at the same time. In my opinion, it becomes one of those immaterial items that you just can’t live without. Kinda like, air conditioning.