Nicotine can cause your teeth could change shade in the future. The positive thing is you can find over-the-counter and home remedies to improve the appearance of your teeth and more luminous.
What causes nicotine to stain the teeth?
Smoking tobacco or chewing tobacco can result in stain marks on the enamel of your teeth. When you smoke nicotine products, it does not take long for your teeth to yellow. If you continue to use the product your teeth will turn dark or brown.
How does nicotine damage teeth beyond the appearance
Teeth stained by nicotine are caused by nicotine-based products. Gums get brown after regular exposure to nicotine. If you’re a smoker there is a high possibility that your immune system isn’t robust as it should be. This can make it difficult to fight gum disease.
Smokers have twice the chance to suffer from gum disease than non-smokers. If you continue smoking that causes damage to your gums it becomes difficult for your gums to heal in a proper manner. This is one of the most effective methods to eliminate the nicotine staining from your teeth.
There are many options for teeth whitening
If you are cleaning up stains on your teeth the approach you decide to take will be based on a variety of variables. This could include
- The severity of gums
- How often do you have to take care of your teeth?
- How much money do you like to spend
There are three types of options for teeth whitening and they are:
- teeth whitening performed by an experienced professional
- home treatments at home
Teeth whitening by a professional
If you’ve already tried home remedies at home with no success, you should schedule an appointment with a Lowell family dental to get dental whitening that is professional before attempting different products for whitening. Because smoking causes staining of every tooth in the mouth, you will not be able to maintain the whiter appearance of your teeth for a long period using non-prescription products such as whitening strips and toothpaste.
The most effective choice is to use 10 percent carbamide peroxide which is placed in a tray that is specifically designed for your mouth and teeth. This reduces tooth sensitivity, as well as prolonged contact time with your tooth to remove deep intrinsic staining. In-office treatments could help in this process. You must do home bleaching to remove stained teeth.
The whitening process can last at least three years, but usually, they last one year in the case of smokers. By having regular dental cleanings during the course of every 6 months you will stop the development of tartar, plaque, stains, and staining.
Do It Yourself
- Baking soda as well as peroxide when you brush your teeth with baking soda and a few drops of peroxide, it will help bleach your teeth. It is possible to add the smallest amount of hydrogen peroxide to baking soda to make an emulsion. The addition of hydrogen peroxide can make your teeth whiter than baking soda. Before you attempt this method you must be aware of the methods to make the paste and be sure not to make it too rough. In the wrong case, it could cause damage to the enamel.
- brush after smoking if you plan to continue smoking, it is important to be on the lookout for maintaining your white teeth. This includes proper brushing after smoking, to rid your teeth of tar and chemicals as they are absorbed into the enamel, which causes stains.
- Mouthwash and brush Brush and mouthwash – Give a shine to your teeth by using mouthwash to brush your teeth. What you’re doing is brushing your teeth using mouthwash.
- Rinse your mouth with hydrogen peroxide You can mix a tiny quantity of hydrogen peroxide with water after rinsing your mouth, then spitting the mixture out, and then washing thoroughly with water. This is a great way to eliminate the staining of yellow from your teeth.
If you’re addicted to smoking cigarettes or other nicotine-based products, you must maintain the best oral hygiene practices. This includes those times when you have to eliminate or lessen the stains that are on your teeth. Therefore, smokers can anticipate whitening twice as frequently as a non-smoker. The positive side is that applying professional treatments, home methods, and self-help can help you improve the appearance of your teeth.
Thus, you can visit Lowell family dental to book an appointment for professional teeth whitening and brighter teeth.